How to Create a Facebook Business Page
After introduction of the new timeline, Facebook business pages now look and behave like personal profile pages. The previous Facebook business front, custom landing app for non-fans, has been replaced by the new Facebook timeline. As your visitors are reaching your business front right away, it can become a crutch for you not having frequent posts. An interesting up-to-date Facebook business page is the most effective way to drive new traffic to the store. Keep in mind that your business page is the place where you grow your business, build your brand, and develop relationship with your customers.
9 Steps to Create a Facebook Business Page:
Creating your business page is a simple task. Follow these simple steps to create a Facebook business page in minutes.
1. Once you are on your home page, find “pages” on your left hand column and click on it.
2. You will be directed to a page where you can choose the type of your business.
3. Choose a category and give your business name for that page.
5. Pick a logo or another image that associate with your business to use as a profile picture.
6. Describe your business very briefly so people understand quickly about you.
7. Facebook allows you to give a unique address to your business page such as – www.facebook.com/(youraddress). You can claim this after you get 25 likes on your page. Make sure you use your unique name for this address by which people can find you on Facebook.
8. Choose a cover photo wisely because this is what a visitor notices at the very beginning. Cover photo is the best place to showcase your brand.
9. While setting up any profile picture or cover photo remember Facebook has specific measurements for them. Keep your photos within those measurements for better visibility of them.
Facebook Business Admin Panel
- Your personal dashboard to control page activity.
- View insights, edit your Page content, keep track of new activity and respond to personal messages from your admin panel.
- Click on the Edit Page button in the admin panel and choose Update Info to add other details about your business.
You can post your status, pictures, videos and questions (polls). People who like your page get connected with those updates each time you post on your timeline.
The Power of Facebook News Feed
- Your Page is where you create posts that get shown in the news feed, the center of the Facebook experience
- News feed is where people spend their time on Facebook – in fact, 40% of their time
- It’s where people share the most important parts of their lives and where businesses can engage them in conversation
Successful Facebook posts are:
Short: Posts between 100 and 250 characters get about 60% more likes, comments and shares.
Visual: Photo albums, pictures, and videos get 180%, 120%, and 100% more engagement respectively.
Optimized: Page Insights help you learn things such as what times people engage most with your content so you can post during those hours.
How to gain more audience for your page:
- You can start with inviting people from your list (family, friends, colleagues etc.)
- Explore the options under the Build Audience button on your admin panel. Make sure to invite your Facebook friends to like your Page.
- Click on ‘Invite Email Contacts’ to upload your email list and send a message asking people to like your Page.
- Promote your Page web address on store signs, business cards, receipts, emails, chalkboards and other marketing material.
There are some paid options available to promote your page widely as well. But before going to paid option make sure your page is ready to perform on that extent.